7 Most Popular Summer Drinks
7 Most Popular Summer Drinks
The Mai Tai is a Summer classic! This drink is one of the most famous Tiki drinks in the world. Composed of orange curaçao, rum, fresh lime juice, and orgeat, it is held sway over cocktail enthusiasts for decades. Mai Tai’s can have a very flexible look. Some might feature anything from pineapple wedges to cherries on top. If you like to keep the presentation cool and classic, a lime wheel and mint spring are a fine choice.
Ingredients for a Mai Tai:
- 1-ounce silver rum
- 1-ounce dark rum
- 1-ounce Orgeat Syrup
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur
- 1-ounce fresh lime juice
- Combine ingredients in a shaker and fill it with ice.
- Shake it
- Pour over a glass with fresh ice.
- Garnish with mint.
This three-ingredient drink has pleased millions of people over the years; including famous household names such as Ernest Hemingway and President John F. Kennedy. In its purest form, the Daiquiri is sublime and simple, with a delicate blend of the sweetness of rum with the freshness of lime juice and sugar.
Ingredients for a Daiquiri:
- 2 ounces white rum
- .75 ounce simple syrup
- .75 ounce fresh lime juice
- Shake together all the ingredients
- Serve and garnish with a lime wheel
3. Basil Peach Kombucha Smash
The perfect summer drink for everyone! A Peach Basil Gin Smash is the modern variation on the Basil Gin Smash, combining the peppery basil with botanical gin and sweet peach. The Basil Gin Smash has become a big success as of late and is now made in almost any bar you will come across.
Ingredients for the Basil Peach Kombucha Smash:
- 3 fresh organic basil Leaves
- 1 peach, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 part organic vodka
- 2 parts kombucha
- 3-5 dashes of bitters (optional)
- Fine mesh strainer
- Pretty glass and ice
- In a glass, smash together peach and basil.
- Add 1 part organic vodka (1.5-2 ounces).
- Fill the rest of the glass with kombucha.
- Add a few dashes of Bitters. (Optional)
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a pretty glass with ice.
- Garnish with basil sprig.
4. Moscow Mule
The Moscow Mule is a hugely well-known classic cocktail that is popular for good reason. It is refreshing, delicious, and easy to make. Just speaking the name conjures images of the ice-cold copper mug that is the most well-known vessel for the Moscow Mule. This simple cocktail combines ginger beer with vodka and lime. It is a no-tools-required drink that is built right inside the mug.
Ingredients for a Moscow Mule:
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 4 ounces of ginger beer
- Juice of half of a fresh lime
- 0.5-ounce fresh juiced ginger
- Combine all ingredients
- Serve in a copper mug
5. Cucumber and Mint Lemonade with Tequila
This light and fresh afternoon cocktail may just become your Summertime favorite. Due to its thirst-quenching nature, the Cucumber and Mint Lemonade with Tequila drink welcomes people of all pallets for an enjoyable experience. While this drink is not widely known, we wouldn’t be surprised if that changed sometime soon!
Ingredients for the Cucumber and Mint Lemonade with Tequila:
- 1 c. fresh lemon juice, plus slices for garnish
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/4 English cucumber, chopped, plus slices for garnish
- 3 mint springs, plus more for garnish
- 2 c. Blanco tequila
- Whisk together lemon juice and sugar in a pitcher until sugar is dissolved
- Add cucumber and mint and stir to combine
- Let steep 2 hours.
- Discard cucumber and mint
- Stir in tequila and 4 cups of water
- Serve over ice garnished with lemon, cucumber, and mint.
6. Pink Grapefruit Margarita
The Pink Grapefruit Margarita is made with just four simple ingredients. This beautiful drink is not only well-known for its amazing color but also for its refreshing taste that sends anyone into a Summer-like feeling. If you love the classic margarita, this slight diversion offers the same sweet and tangy appeal.
Ingredients of a Pink Grapefruit Margarita:
- 4 c. fresh red grapefruit juice
- 1 c. Tequila Blanco
- 1/2 c. orange liqueur (such as triple sec)
- 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. chile-lime seasoning (such as Tajin)
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- lime wedges and grapefruit slices, for garnish
- Combine grapefruit juice, tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice in a pitcher
- Combine sugar, chile-lime seasoning, and salt on a shallow plate.
- Rub the edges of the glass with a lime wedge, then dip the rim in a chile-salt mixture.
- Add ice to the glass and top with the margarita mix.
- Garnish with lime and grapefruit wedges.
7. Sweet Tea Sangria
The Sweet Tea Sangria is the absolute perfect southern summertime drink! It is a classic refreshment to keep anybody cool in the heat. What better to mix with sweet tea than Sangria? A lot of people use Moscato in their recipes, however, another great option is Sauvignon Blanc.
Ingredients for the Sweet Tea Sangria:
- 1 750-ml. bottle white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc or Moscato)
- 4 c. sweet tea
- 1/4 c. triple sec
- 2 c. sliced frozen peaches
- 2 c. raspberries
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- In a pitcher, combine wine, sweet tea, triple sec, frozen peaches, and raspberries and stir until combined.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve garnished with mint.