5 Popular Cocktails To Try: Irish Whiskey Cocktail Recipes
Everyone has their favorite cocktail recipe. Whether it’s a classic, like the Old-Fashioned, or an up-and-coming trend, like the Negroni Cocktail, there’s almost always a good one out there. Perhaps you have a friend who can make any drink you want and you can always count on them to have a great time with their friends. Or maybe you love experimenting with new flavors and the idea of making your own drinks appeals to you more than spending money on high-end concoctions. If either of these describes you, then check out our guide for the best Irish cocktail recipe ideas this season.
A Classic Irish Cocktail
The first thing to know about making the best Irish cocktail is that it doesn’t need anything fancy. Not only is Bailey’s Irish Cream great to sip on its own, but it also makes a great ingredient in other drinks. The best Bailey’s cocktail recipe will use Irish Cream while most other whiskey recipes can be substituted with your favorite Irish whiskey. The recipes below are great starts, and you can tweak them to your own tastes. If you’d like to take the plunge and make your own cocktail, check out our guide for the most popular Irish Whiskey recipes this season.
The Irish Coffee
The Irish Coffee is one of the best Bailey’s cocktails recipe suggestions, as it also uses Irish Cream. This recipe takes the Irish Coffee one step further by adding Bailey’s to it. You’ll need Irish Cream, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Bailey’s, simple syrup, and coffee. Next, heat the Irish Cream and Bailey’s in a saucepan until the Irish Cream is melted. Serve the Irish Cream over ice with a few slices of fresh fruit. The Irish Coffee is one of the best Bailey’s cocktails recipe ideas because it combines two of the best things Irish Whiskey has to offer. If you’re looking for a simple but delicious way to use Irish Cream, this is it.
- 2 ounces of Baileys Original Irish Cream
- 1-ounce Irish Whiskey
- 6 ounces of Hot Coffee
- 1 dollop of Whipped Cream (optional)
- Combine Baileys, coffee, and Irish Whiskey in a tall “Irish Coffee” glass.
- Top with whipped cream.
The Irish Cosmopolitan
The Cosmopolitan might be the best Bailey’s cocktails recipe suggestion if you like your drinks on the sweet side. While you can use a variety of ingredients to make the Cosmopolitan, Irish Cream is a must. However, if you’d like to make the best Cosmopolitan Bailey’s cocktails recipe, you’ll want to pick up a bottle of cosmopolitan, not just any vodka. The best Cosmopolitan Bailey’s cocktails recipe uses cosmopolitan, Baileys Irish Cream, and simple syrup in equal parts. Because the drink is sweet, you’ll want to use the same proportions as in the Bailey’s Irish Cream. The Cosmopolitan is one of the best Bailey’s cocktails recipe ideas because it combines two of the best things about Irish Whiskey.
- 1.25 ounces Cîroc French Vanilla Vodka
- 1 ounce Baileys Espresso Crème Irish Cream
- .5 ounce cold brew coffee
- .75 ounce lime juice
- Grated nutmeg
- Combine Cîroc French Vanilla, Baileys Espresso Crème Irish Cream, cold brew, and lime juice in a mixing tin, shake, and fine strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.
The Irish Dark & Stormy
The Dark & Stormy might be one of the best Bailey’s cocktails recipe suggestions because it’s not just for the dark and stormy evening. This is another drink that combines two of the best things about Irish Whiskey. The Dark & Stormy combines Irish whiskey with ginger beer and lemon or orange soda. You can make the Dark & Stormy at home, but some bars and restaurants will make it for you too. The best Dark & Stormy Bailey’s cocktails recipe uses Irish whiskey, ginger beer, and orange or lemon soda. The Dark & Stormy is one of the best Bailey’s cocktails recipe ideas because it combines two of the best things about Irish Whiskey.
- 2 ounces Irish Mule
- 3.5 ounces of ginger beer
- Ice cubes
- Lime to garnish
- Fill your highball glass with ice
- Pour over the ginger beer
- Then add the rum to top the drink off
- Finish your drink with a lime wedge on the side of the glass, and enjoy
The Irish Whiskey Sour
The Whiskey Sour might be one of the best Bailey’s cocktails recipe suggestions because it’s one of those classics that everyone should know how to make. This whiskey sour recipe is fairly simple, and you can add it to your drink-making repertoire. Whiskey sours are one of the best things about Irish Whiskey because they use a sour mix made with lemon, lime, and simple syrup. The best Whiskey Sour Bailey’s cocktails recipe uses vanilla Bailey’s Irish Cream, whiskey, lemon or lime soda, and a sour mix. Whiskey sours are one of the best Bailey’s cocktails recipe suggestions because they combine two of the best things about Irish Whiskey.
- 2 ounces Jameson Irish whiskey (or use 2 ½ ounces for a stronger flavor)
- 1-ounce fresh lemon juice
- ¾ ounce simple syrup or pure maple syrup
- Lemon wedge and cocktail cherry
- Add the Jameson whiskey, lemon juice, and syrup to a cocktail shaker. Fill with a handful of ice and shake until very cold.
- Strain the drink into a lowball or Old Fashioned glass. Serve with ice, a lemon wedge, and a cocktail cherry.
The Irish Bloody Mary Cocktail
The best Bloody Mary recipe is the one you make at home. However, if you’d like to make the best Bailey’s cocktail, you should use Irish Cream in a Bloody Mary. The best Bloody Mary recipe uses a mixture of tomato juice, vodka, Worcestershire sauce, and fresh herbs. However, the best Bloody Mary Bailey’s cocktails recipe uses Irish Cream. The best Bloody Mary Bailey’s cocktails recipe uses Irish Cream, tomato juice, and spices. The Bloody Mary is one of the best Bailey’s cocktails recipe suggestions because it combines two of the best things about Irish Whiskey.
- 1.5 parts Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
- 3 parts Tomato Juice
- 1/3 part Lemon Juice
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 bar spoon Pickle Juice
- 1/2 bar spoon of Horseradish
- A squeeze of Lime Juice
- 1 pinch of Table Salt and Black Pepper
- Add all ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.
- Shake and strain into a tall glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a celery stalk, lemon wedge, and olives.
Each of these cocktail recipes will give you a new way to enjoy Irish Whiskey. It might be best to make a few of these at once and try them out at a party. After all, no one wants to drink a boring old cocktail when they can make new ones with Irish Cream. You can also try adding a few of these best Bailey’s cocktails recipe ideas to your regular bar menu. If it helps, you can call them something else, like Irish Cream Drinks or an Irish Whiskey Cocktail.